What is Linguaskill - Business?
Welcome to the Linguaskill Business Exam, a cutting-edge online test designed to assess the English language skills of employees in the business sector. This quick and accurate test has been developed by Cambridge English, one of the world's most trusted providers of English language qualifications.
With Linguaskill Business, companies can efficiently evaluate the language proficiency of their employees to ensure that they have the necessary communication skills to succeed in today's global marketplace. The exam is specifically tailored to the needs of businesses and can be taken at any time, anywhere, using a computer, laptop, or tablet. There is no need to travel to an exam centre or schedule an appointment, making it a convenient and cost-effective solution for busy companies.
Fast results and affordable prices
Linguaskill Business is a highly flexible exam that can be tailored to suit the specific needs of a company. It is available at four different levels: Basic, Intermediate, Advanced, and Expert, and companies can choose to test one or all of these levels depending on their requirements. The exam is also modular, meaning that businesses can choose to test specific language skills, such as reading, writing, listening, and speaking, or a combination of these skills.
The exam uses cutting-edge artificial intelligence technology to accurately assess language skills, providing reliable results within 48 hours. The exam software is designed to provide a user-friendly experience, allowing candidates to easily navigate between questions, review and edit their answers, and flag questions for review. The results are delivered in a comprehensive report, which includes a detailed breakdown of the candidate's language skills, as well as suggested areas for improvement.
By investing in Linguaskill Business, companies can ensure that their employees have the language skills they need to succeed in today's global marketplace. With quick and reliable results, companies can quickly identify areas for improvement and take action to improve their employees' language skills, boosting their productivity, and competitiveness. With Cambridge English's reputation for excellence and the flexibility of the Linguaskill Business exam, companies can confidently invest in their employees' language skills, helping them to achieve their business goals with confidence.
What is the structure of the exam?
The structure is as follows:
Reading and Listening
- Duration: 60 - 85 minutes
- Format: As an adaptive test, this section is flexible and there is no set number of questions. Each answer will help refine the level. The test will end as soon as you have enough questions to identify your level. For this reason, you shouldn't spend too much time on a single question.
- Content: Contains exercises such as gapped sentences, reading and selecting, multiple choice gap-fill, open gap-fill, extended reading, listen and select, and extended listening.
- Duration: 45 minutes
- Format: Two tasks. Part 1: Email (50 words min.) Part 2: Text e.g., article, review etc. (180 words min.)
- Content: Requires answers based on prompts and can address topics such as: future plans, free time, using and learning English, travel and holidays, music, technology, etc.
- Duration: 15 minutes
- Format: Five tasks. Questions are shown on screen and you will hear them through your headphones.
- Part 1: Interview - 8 questions about yourself
- Part 2: Reading out loud - 8 sentences
- Part 3: Talk about a given topic - 1 min + 40 seconds of preparation
- Part 4: Talk about one or more graphics - 1 min + 1 min of preparation
- Part 5: Give opinions as short responses to 5 questions related to a topic - 40 secs of preparation.
Recognition and Validity
A combination of both remote and face-to-face invigilation, as well as a test report that can be verified by institutions when completed, means we offer a high level of security, the credibility of a Cambridge English testing system, and consequently, acceptance.
Organisations and institutions choose Linguaskill as their test of choice when quick results are required.
ISEG, INOV Contacto, The Lisbon MBA, TAP Air - Portugal, Michael Page, Nova School of Law, Nova School of Business and Economics, and the Central Administration PEPAC programme are some examples of institutions that recognise and accept this certification.
How It Works
From first contact to results, you can take your test any day, anytime, 365 days a year.
1 - Choose the format
Decide whether you prefer face-to-face or remote, and which modules you want.
You can choose to complete your certification from the comfort of your home, with remote invigilation, and start your test whenever you want. There are 3 modules available that assess the 4 language skills: Listening and Reading, Writing and Speaking.
Should you choose to do it face-to-face, you will have to book a date with us.
2 - Enter your tokens for each moduleWhen you purchase your Linguaskill you will receive individual codes for each module.
If remotely invigilated, these will be sent to you - you will need a Windows 8 operating system | macOS 10.15 Catalina or more recent. Face-to-face tests will be performed on our computers.
3 - Get your detailed report in 48 hours (max)!
From A1 to C1+, all results are aligned to the CEFR and reported on the Cambridge English scale.
From first contact to results release, get everything done a dusted in 72 hours max. If your result is not what you expected, just repeat modules individually - if repeated within 3 months of your first test results, the best ones stand.
As a test covering a wide range of levels, there are different materials that can be accessed. If you don't know what your level is, take a placement test.
Please contact us for more information on the details, components, purchase options and preparation materials for Linguaskill Business.